› Introduction to the principles of international wine business management including : global overview, principal tools and key to success.
- General presentation
- Introduction to Wine Business Strategy
- Domestic vs Exports? A matter of balance.
- Optimizing Business Profits and Minimizing Investments
- Building a realistic business Exports plan
Morning : GETTING EXPORTS READY: FIRST
- International Wine business Logistics & Shipping
- Payment options
- Risk management
Afternoon : CULTURAL MANAGEMENT AND
- Exports = Doing business with different people, different countries, different cultures, different communication skills
- Cultural analysis : Introduction to Hofstede Tools
- Stereotypes, mistakes, conflict management
Morning: EXPORTS TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Hiring the right people
- Motivating and managing the exports team
- Salary and incentive strategy
- Managing external agents and abroad based employees
Afternoon: INTERNATIONAL WINE DISTRIBU-
- Interesting figures about Global Wine Business
- The USA Wine Market: The most competitive market in the world!
- The Bordeaux Wine Business Model: is it good for everyone?
- The Mutation of the Chinese Wine Market
- The New “Emerging” Markets: Eastern Europe, Central and South America and Africa.
All Day: PRACTICAL CASES AND TRAINING (by groups)
- Preparing, handling and shipping a purchase order for different countries: Air shipping, Sea shipping, dealing with insurance companies and payments issues.
- Proposing a comprehensive Exports strategy to a wine company (grower, wine merchant, cooperative…)
- Creating and managing and exports team : choosing the right candidates, building an effective organizational structure and incentive plan.
- Prospecting and managing an international distribution network: step by step process.
- Managing intercultural relationships and conflicts
›Transfer of methodology and knowledge
›Presentation of references
›Hardcopy and digital support is provided
›Daniel MENACHO, Wine Business Educator
The session takes place at :
Bordeaux Sciences Agro
1 Cours du Général de Gaulle
Students, winemakers, vineyard managers, wine technicians, sellers in the wine sector.
Nombre de places limité : 10
How to register: Please get in touch with us in case you need further details. Or see our website www.agro-bordeaux.fr. You can also download the registration click here
Registration deadline May 5th
4 days, total length, 25 hours, day 1
from 2pm to 6 pm, days 2, 3 and 4
from 9 am to 5 pm
Lunches are included.
2000 Euros TTC
Les CV les plus consultés :
Suivez les actualités de Vitijob sur les réseaux sociaux